The Gilded Aisle is a Chicago area luxury boutique wedding planning firm. Working hand-in-hand with our engaged couples, we weave an intricate story of your style, personality and vision into every bespoke detail. Whether it’s a grand and lavish event or an elegant and intimate affair, we help you craft an exceptionally memorable and entertaining day.
Our clients realize that their wedding day is not just about themselves but their friends and family as well. They want to envelope their guests with one-of-a-kind luxurious experiences. We look at each element and component that come into play on your wedding day – not just the food, the flowers or the entertainment – to ensure each item which touches the senses is carefully curated.
While our eye for such detail is embedded in everything we do, the planning doesn’t stop there. We meld wedding traditions that are hundreds of years old with today’s modern technology. Our smart-phone accessible planning software allows our clients to have contracts, budgets, timelines, guest lists and a myriad of details right at their finger-tips.
We are truly honored when couples call upon us to help them tell the story of one of the most important days in their life. In fact, as planners to Chicago’s most discerning brides and grooms, we only accept a handful of weddings each year to allow us to give you the attentive service you have come to expect. Call us today at 312-699-7959 to discuss the wedding planning process.
Owner and Certified Wedding Planner, ABC™
You know you’re living your life’s passion when you get up every day and you are excited to start working – and yet, it doesn’t feel like work. When my son was about eight years old, I shared with him my philosophy that if you find a job that you really, really love, you’ll never have to work a day in your life. He was obviously a little too young to fully understand that concept as a few days later I received a panicked phone call from my husband wanting to know why I had told our son he would never have to work!
I’ve been fortunate to have planned special events, black-tie galas, fashion shows and fundraising benefits for more than a decade but it wasn’t until a friend asked to help plan her wedding – in two weeks – that my love affair with weddings began. Working in the wedding planning industry allows me to utilize so many facets of my background while letting me immerse myself and my passion for all things beautiful each and every day. It draws on my other strengths which I hear time and again from my clients and associates — creativity, organization, attention to details, calmness. This last one, “calmness,’” was one I never gave much thought of until I started hearing it over and over. I know it comes from being completely in my element and doing what I love.
A few other fun facts about me…
- I was destined to become a wedding planner! My planning experience actually goes back to my high school days when I was guilty of throwing the only high school party ever attended that included a keg of beer and my mom’s good silver. In case you’re wondering: No, my parents did not know about it. Yes, they came home MUCH earlier than anticipated. No, my mother was not amused at being mistaken for one of the young party-goers when she was cautioned by an escaping teen not to come in because “my mom and dad had just got home.” (Her terse response: “I am her mom.”) And no, the flattery did not soften my punishment!
- I love exclamation points – a lot!! And smiley faces J!!
- I’m a certified feng shui consultant and have appeared on both ABC News Chicago and NBC News Chicago. While I no longer actively consult, I love that I can use this aspect of my background in my day-to-day planning whether it’s coming up with colors, lighting or scents that will invoke my client’s vision for their day.
- I have a weakness for anything almond flavored – or with blueberries. (Yes, I’ll show up on the morning of your wedding with my famous homemade blueberry scones in hand.)
- I truly consider it an honor to share in my client’s wedding day — in fact, that’s a bit of an understatement. Knowing that someone has hand-picked you to take them on this journey and how much they are relying on you to help with one of the most important days of their lives goes beyond the word “honor.”
- I still get teary-eyed at weddings. Witnessing such heart-felt moments throughout the day and seeing the incredible love that surrounds my couples will get me every time!